Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Standard bank, Ruling and bid prices

pete_GG
Occasional Contributor
Why doesn't the issuer of the warrants buy back the warrants at ruling price. I now Own warrants in Gold fields and cant sell them anything close to the current price.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Think there might be a market opp here. Buying pet mice re-lablling it Traders Fillet. What you think. I am thinking IPO on altex next week. want 20% of the action.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Tell you what, cos I'm so sweet natured, I'm gonna let you sell my 20% to Pete G G.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Which warrant are you in Pete? Best bet is to phone the Std Bank warrants desk.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
C'mon B, you CAN through in some blue smarties as well !!! I know it is pushing it, but you really really are a nice person !
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ruling doesn't always mean a whole bunch. The issuers bid/offer is the FV of the warrant. Ruling is likely to be the middle of the spread at the close, but the issuer may have been off market giving a dirty ruling.

even with shares, ruling is the close from yesterday or the last trade. Either way that does not mean you can find a buyer at that price.
0 Kudos
pete_GG
Occasional Contributor
But doesn't the issuer always have a bid and offer for the price. On the warrants I own the bid price is the same as my cost price but i cant sell them close to that value.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
They have to buy and sell at market value your cost is not market value it is just your cost. And so the first realization that you can loose real money dawns!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John time to get professional and trade futures....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos