Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To all day traders.

asylum
Super Contributor
A show of hands all day traders, would like to know how many day traders are on this forum, not buying and selling futures but spread betting. Why i ask would like to know if they make more money day trading than swing trading, or short term trading.Thanks
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
JDT
Regular Contributor
I mainly spread trade. Trade the odd future on this site. Making more % wise on spread trading than on this site.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi JDT what platform are you using.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
For spreads I use IGIndex & GT247
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
First be sure your system generates profit consistently. After loosing everything in my account 3 times, I went for a simulation account and got my system working properly. Then the difficult part - you have to stick to your system - no matter what. I've averaged 71 points profit per day for 2007 - so to those in doubt, it can be done. Then the trick is to keep your cash working in the market (margin) a fixed % of your total account. You will be amazed at the rate your money grows.
0 Kudos
Mardo
Occasional Contributor
And CFD's JDT, do you venture on that territory ?
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
No. Never tried it. I'm happy with what the market is giving me currently.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
As I mentioned earlier, I started trading with GT247, spreads only. Still in learning phase, but having fun. However, I do not like to spend so much time infront of the computer. Looking to get SMS alerts from GT247 if this is possible.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
They have sms alerts. Just design your system so you don't have to be glued to your screen. Takes me 5-30min, and then leave the day to run its course and 10 min in the evening to prepare for the next day. If I have the time, I'll sit and manage the trades - making much more profit or limiting losses.
0 Kudos