Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To those of us who are 50 or retired.....

Not applicable
FOR ALL OF US OVER 40 or 50 or WHATEVER............... Recently, our age group was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder This is how it manifests: This morning you decide to water your lawn. As you turn on the hose in the driveway, you look over at your car and decide the car needs washing. As you start toward the garage, you remember that there is post on the hall table that you brought up from the post box earlier. So you decide to go through the post before you wash the car. You lay your car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the rubbish bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full, so, you decide to put the post back on the table and take out the rubbish first. But then you think, since you're going to be near the postbox when you take out the rubbish anyway, you may as well pay the bills first. You take your cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left. Realising that the extra cheque book is in your desk in the study, you go to your desk where you find the can of Coke that you had been drinking earlier. As you're going to look for your cheques, you need to put the Coke aside so that you don't accidentally knock it over. you see that the Coke is getting warm, and you decide you should put it in the fridge to keep it cold. As you head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches your eye. They need to be watered. You set the Coke down on the counter, and you discover your reading glasses that you've been searching for all morning. You decide you better put them back on your desk, but first you're going to water the flowers. You set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly you spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. you realize that tonight when you go to watch TV, you will be looking for the remote, but you won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so you decide to put it back in the living room where it belongs, but first you'll water the flowers. You pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, you set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then you head down the passage trying to remember what you was planning to do. At the end of the day: the lawn isn't watered, the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on yr desk, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only one cheque in your cheque book, you can't find the remote, you can't find your glasses, you don't remember what you did with the car keys, and your neighbor called to tell you he turned off the hosepipe that was flooding the driveway. Then when you try to figure out why nothing got done today, you're really baffled because you know you were busy all day long, and you're really tired. you realize this is a serious problem, and you'll try to get some help for it online, but first you'll check your shares but before you do, you quickly read the headlines in the Chat forum. Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because you don't remember to whom it has been sent. Laugh hard 'cuz if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Very, very nice. Where did I put my coffee?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thaks for reminding me to look at the shares, almost forgot to pick up the cat from the vet...
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
The following was developed as a mental age assessment By the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake. The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it! 1. This is this cat. 2. This is is cat. 3. This is how cat. 4. This is to cat. 5. This is keep cat. 6. This is an cat. 7. This is old cat. 8. This is fart cat. 9. This is busy cat. 10 This is for cat. 11 This is forty cat. 12 This is seconds cat. Now go back and read the third word In each line from the top down.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
The scary thing is that this just about sums up my days!
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
Gosh this happens to me all the time.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
this just the beginning! wait untill you find that the remote yr looking for, is in your hand; or you see some idiot put yr glasses in the fridge. RULE ; 1 task at a time works well- if you can remember it!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Damm my coffee is cold. Was it this mornings or yesterdays?
0 Kudos