Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Todays Gap

Not applicable
Where have all the day traders gone??? Anyone in for a gap close today?
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Not applicable
Hi. What is ment by gap trading. Buy befor market closes and hope that when it opens tomoro that its up and sell again?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im refrring to alsi futures. When the market opens lower or higher then the previous days close, that is referred to as a gap. statsitics show something like 75% half gap close and 50% full gap close.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm looking for a gap close.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, probably. I'm checking the signals for today. Yesterday worked well, was lucky to be out by 14:30 coz the extent of the afternoon drop was quite a surprize to me...
0 Kudos
the_boss
New Contributor
market will go down another 300 points today-according to the gurus on www.tradingguru.co.za
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
And there she goes..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks everyone. Been following this thread and I learnt something new today. Just wondering how risky this strategy is? What was the chances of the gap not closing?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
now that was as perfect a gap close as you will ever see. 250pts in less than 1 hour, with a perfect setup. If you are looking for gap trade examples, today's is the best setup you will find
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep, you are right :-) it was beautiful
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Based on the gap close today. Will tommorrow be bullish or bearish? Is it possible to tell?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
na dude, they are not forward predicting instruments
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They are if the gap closes toward the end of day
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They are if the gap closes toward the end of day
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mr H ... If you are interested in daytrading mail my at ... [email protected]
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks. I get the feeling my shorts are gonna hurt today!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And today we have a gap up on the alsi futures, that closed about half the downgap from 17 Aug. Question is which one of these will close first (assuming that almost all gaps close eventually...)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Patience, my padewan. today's gaps (up and down) are going to be very difficult to pre-empt. FTSE not giving us any direction and the wall street rally to 9300's is a false rally (mostly overnight). All will be revealed at 2:30 local time, when the real wall street futures market opens up for initial direction, and 3:30 for confirmation of the up trend, if we are going up. For now, i think we will remain in a tight range
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well lets hope we close old gap down with an up move as Wall Street trades up to resistance, and then close todays gap up as wall street moves off resistance when their market opens in the afternoon .... that would also fall perfectly in line with the likely downward trend over the next few weeks. :-) Just wait for the sqeezes and breaks before trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
...and so we shall wait, o Jedi master...
0 Kudos