Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Together with AMS taking a beating?

BAP
Regular Contributor
Both IMP and AMS down today despite higher platinum price? Any explanation(s)? WEZ still looking strong. Stop loss triggered for small profit on IMP. Whereto now with my platinum portfolio or do I stay out of it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Wino
Super Contributor
The good ones have run too high too fast and discounting good earnings in the future. The price has dropped because of profit taking. Best to wait for a correction. The law of averages says this should happen so try and be patient. That is my position at the mo as well.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Higher PLAT price, Lower USDZAR = MINUS, Lower earnings therefore price goes down
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Implats took quite a knock today and show some resistance at the 208 level. Showed no reversal day but i think at this level a good entry area. Bought it today at that level because i think it's a strong one. Any views going forward from you and the panel?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IMP still has a way to go. Strong dollar weak ZAR as said. We are looking at under 200 in the near term. I would even say 190 at a guess. Hope that buyin at 208 is a longer sighted hold..... If it jumps early bail IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good Advice. Thanx i think i'm gonna bail when that happens.
0 Kudos