Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tomorrow?

Runbird
Contributor
I've been lurking on this forum for weeks now and must say, I've learnt alot. Now I want ask all the experts (Chartist, Tango, barry etc) - where is this market going tomorrow - up or down? You all have different approaches, so I would like to see if we can reach a consensus. I'll let you know my prediction tomorrow morning :)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
barry_1
Super Contributor
Lord, we dont want to end up like the tipsters of the INET knitting circle!
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Learned from Chartist: Never predict the market friend. Follow the trend
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Probabilities Dude....Probabilities....definately not predictions!!
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
That's what I mean: What is the trend, 'cause I got it wrong today for the first time in a month!
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Okay, probabilities. All my indications were a probability for finishing down today - including tech analysis, commodity futures etc, and yet we finished up. So I have decided I don't understand this and could use some expert opinion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it may have been Dinen who coined the phrase PPT. Open green, trade ed, close green. Thanks to the PPT.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Goldfinger, what is PPT, if you please. But I will make a prediction: Goldfinger will again upset some innocent gullible oke before this week is out!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I'm no expert. Just learning as I go along like lots of others. I'll take a look at a chart later when my EOD data comes in, but I'd be reluctant to call it at the moment. Lots of frothy sideways motion. We're headed back up towards the top of the current trading channel, so we could see another day in the green, or 2-3 days down to take us to the lower end of the channel. The overall trend is certainly up, but trying to call it day-by-day is tough. I'm trying to wait for the 'sure things' before getting into trades, and the index is not looking like a sure thing either way to me at the moment.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
That one is easy - the trend is upwards. There are secondary movements up and down, but the market is heading higher. Until it isn't. If that makes sense?
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
MR RUNBIRD MY ADVICE,AS A 54 YEAR OLD PLUMBER,MAKE SURE YOUR TAPS ARE CLOSED TIGHT,ENSURE NO RICE OR VEG GETS INTO YOUR WASTE PIPES.If you have females in your abode,ensure they respect the bins provided. This will allow you to accumulate funds,to purchase shares in HOW...which inturn will make you a cool dude.reguards simba
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Skala...don't bliksem the hombre's bru' - gringo just means "paleface who crossed the Rio Grande from Texas & wants to pilage the country & ravage their woman"...all good & innocent fun..........download the pdf file from this link, it'll give you a major insight into what the PPT is & what they do........http://www.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?id=9759592&sId=14uCM3BBOwwnlyzt ....you should sleep well after reading it, having full confidence that you are in control!! Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theres a time to trade shares, theres a time to go fishing, and theres a time to trade forex when the markets are this choppy. As for pi$$ing on some unsuspecting miscreant for being imbecileous (thats my word for the week :) it's so not in my newfound nature to be abrasive. My mantra for 2007 is : Aummmm... Aummmm.. Ignore Manure
0 Kudos