Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Too many people expect a correction

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And the call for a correction, shake-up, crash... is yet another day further behind us... optimist /pessimist ... realist!
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Too many bears with too much cash keeping the market up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is indeed one day closer .. but that equals meaningless statement of the day coz nobody knows which day .. I had a friend who called the crash of 2008 every day for 4 years, in the end he was right .. unfortunately he was also bankrupt ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
two shooting stars in a space of 5 days is nothing to ignore Simon.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon Brown....there's a rumble in the middle of the jungle in the village of the cheeky rascals we pick the fruit from the magical tree and we take it to the factory squish, squash, bubbley boo, the rascals make the fruitiest chew. the flavour nev
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
I for one am slightly nervous,BUT, I recall a time, it was around 2006 if I recall, that on this very forum and around every braai it was declared this market CANNOT go any higher. But it just kept on climbing. The point is, we do not know for sure, and as long as the trend is in a direction, I will trade that direction. I am just as nervous now as I was a year ago when the greek crises and the collapse of the EU was the only news. I was nervous when the only news was the US stimilus being stopped. If you can call a top and a bottom accurately...you will have your own show and we will call you Dr.!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The long and short of this discussion: it's all about fear, fear of losing if you in and fear of losing out If you not. You can overcome both fears by being in and placing a stop....it's a trending market, so easier to be in. And yes there will be a correction, if there was no correction, how will we make money.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes poetry, always a winner for waking the bear ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what is the reliability of shooting stars and what target does it give ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, for what it is worth - I have a long standing strategy for exits. I define 3 levels of relative strength to the index (15, 120 and 365 days). The last two are for entries - the first is for exits. Round about now - I exit all positions where the 15 day RS is falling off - i.e. stocks that aren't driving the current rally. My portfolio size has roughly halved in the last couple of days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, for what it is worth - I have a long standing strategy for exits. I define 3 levels of relative strength to the index (15, 120 and 365 days). The last two are for entries - the first is for exits. Round about now - I exit all positions where the 15 day RS is falling off - i.e. stocks that aren't driving the current rally. My portfolio size has roughly halved in the last couple of days.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon,lol, the reliability of the two shooting star is simple....let me use an example.... You thought you were are shooting star by selling Advance health at R1.41 but little did you know, that the second shooting star burn't you properly by sending th
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yawn .. ya 31% in a day was out an out disaster ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, yawn, yawn, why be a bull and settle for 31%, when you can be a bear and settle for 200% profit.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Preston,my 2c worth. Not enough downside potential to be shorting fsr,it might just pull back a little to support. Conversely,vod is still in a little downtrend so might be some more downside before it breaks upwards(rsi and sto still heading downwards).Just my opinion.
0 Kudos