Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top 10 sectors for the last 3 months

Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Hi Anyone have an idea where I can get the top ten and bottom ten sectors for the three months. I just want to check which sectors were up and which were down for the past 3 months. Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Try running the shaer filter - it has a "12 week % change" criteria. It will pop out shares not sectors, but from that, given that most sectors are owned by few shares, you should be able to get there.
0 Kudos
Cruising
Contributor
One way is to go to the Indices under Market Data. Do a graph of the Indice sector with an over lay of the all share graph. You will soon enough pick out the top and bottom sectors. You can then overlay the sector graphs on top of each other and work it out the top and bottom sectors that way. Takes a bit of time. You will be dead without ADSL
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
And when you are done. Feel free to post the results. I believe this will win you influence and prestige on the forum.
0 Kudos
Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
TOP: FORE 24.5%;ALTX 23.3%; CONM 22.4%; FOOR 18.98%; CHES 18.96% INDE 14.6%; SCOM 13.9%; FOOD 13.67%; GENF 13.67%; MINI 13.63% BOTTOM: LEIS -23.5%; VENC -7.10%; EQH 3.3%; BEVE 4.3%; REAL 4.09%; SUPS 4.16%; BANK 4.4%; LIFE 4.6%; ELEE 4.7%; NLIF 6.03 Might change after tonight's download. Hope it helps Regards
0 Kudos