Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top Trader

Man_T
Contributor
I am a new baby in Stock market/Trading, I saw that Gloal trader offers a mentorship programme. My question is How do i become a top Trader? are there individuals in these forums who can mentor?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Unfortunately the best mentor (Chartist) has left ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take Simons trade to trade well course
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Try a course by Colin Abrahams, who writes the technical trading column in Finweek.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
start with shares, leave the leverage until consistant profit from share trading .. expect the process to take a number of years .. and expect to fail a number of times and remember that most people fail at trying to be a trader ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
To be fair the stats of failed traders are about the same for any small business.. 70/80% of small business fail. The reason is always the same, It takes more time, more money and more effort than most expect.. Simons right take the time, save the money and put in the effort...Good luck and tend slowly..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, exasctly .. trading is a business and as such much be treated as one and is going to have the same failure rate ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and don't underestimate the effort involved in getting it right, i.e. learning how to take the emotion and reams of useless & false information out of your trading
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
The 3 most important things to get right in any business. CASHFLOW CASHFLOW CASHFLOW (ie. money management)
0 Kudos
Man_T
Contributor
Thanks Guys, As for my quest taking years and all this loosing money business goes I am not sure and thanks again for telling that sad reality on my "face". till we meet on trading "after couple of years", for now its back to learning, learning and learning and will keep all advices with me. Thank you again
0 Kudos