Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top40 Q and A

Highlighted
Not applicable
top 40 down roughly 1.6% at the moment... who can tell me how far it would be down if you take SOLs R1b.+ sales today out of the equation?
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Not applicable
this is the end....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
We don't need Zarp
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
You need to know what SOL's weighting is on the index. I don't know the answer to that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
I meant end of the decline...we have seen the lows...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
C, you really trust the Americans ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Mmmm not sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Goodo, I haven't got any more clean undies today.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Somewhere on the Satrix and/or JSE website one can find a table with the weight of each share in the index. You will need that to make the calculation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
i think sol is 4.4% of the index. Am not entirely sure though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
a few fridays ago I said I was feeling distinctly bearish...I am sure it had something to do with the buttplug repositioning itself....today I feel another repositioning....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
That's just my foot.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Hi Chartist. What are you basing this repostioning on? Very interested to know because I'm starting to hate the colour red.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
I am not in control of the repositioning....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Like I said it's my foot!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Serriously I think the fact that we closed the Gap long was good but who wants to carry a long over night when the resourse are getting smashed. its going to take a huge day in the US to turn the sentiment over night and by the open in the US that is not going to happen today!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
John...you know very well that the buttplug indicator is never wrong.....it said it is the end today...you dont argue with a buttplug this size...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Chartist, I have been doing some serrious sutdy of my charts tonight and I can see that there are at least 10 top 40 on support, only a couple of clear puts so it would not surprise me if we see some buying tomorrow. I do think that we are still in a bull market and I will be buying as soon as I get signals to do so, I think that we have got to close that gap of a couple of days back before the selling stops. It has been a lesson in patients as things do always revert to the mean. As for that butt plug what ever floats your boat baby!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
PS I was so tempted to go long with the topdwl at 68c when you gave the butt plug indictor post, but rightly I was cautious, would have been fun to see the gap up in the morning though.
0 Kudos