Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top40 Q and A

Not applicable
top 40 down roughly 1.6% at the moment... who can tell me how far it would be down if you take SOLs R1b.+ sales today out of the equation?
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
Not applicable
this is the end....
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
We don't need Zarp
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
You need to know what SOL's weighting is on the index. I don't know the answer to that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I meant end of the decline...we have seen the lows...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
C, you really trust the Americans ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Mmmm not sure.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Goodo, I haven't got any more clean undies today.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Somewhere on the Satrix and/or JSE website one can find a table with the weight of each share in the index. You will need that to make the calculation.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
i think sol is 4.4% of the index. Am not entirely sure though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a few fridays ago I said I was feeling distinctly bearish...I am sure it had something to do with the buttplug repositioning itself....today I feel another repositioning....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
That's just my foot.
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Hi Chartist. What are you basing this repostioning on? Very interested to know because I'm starting to hate the colour red.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not in control of the repositioning....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Like I said it's my foot!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Serriously I think the fact that we closed the Gap long was good but who wants to carry a long over night when the resourse are getting smashed. its going to take a huge day in the US to turn the sentiment over night and by the open in the US that is not going to happen today!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...you know very well that the buttplug indicator is never wrong.....it said it is the end today...you dont argue with a buttplug this size...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist, I have been doing some serrious sutdy of my charts tonight and I can see that there are at least 10 top 40 on support, only a couple of clear puts so it would not surprise me if we see some buying tomorrow. I do think that we are still in a bull market and I will be buying as soon as I get signals to do so, I think that we have got to close that gap of a couple of days back before the selling stops. It has been a lesson in patients as things do always revert to the mean. As for that butt plug what ever floats your boat baby!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
PS I was so tempted to go long with the topdwl at 68c when you gave the butt plug indictor post, but rightly I was cautious, would have been fun to see the gap up in the morning though.
0 Kudos