Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top40 Q and A

Brazen
Super Contributor
Great call again, Chartist. What gave me hope yesterday was the complete despondancy everyone, myself included, was feeling. It just seemed as if the red was gonna go on forever - that's usually when it turns.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Doubt this is the end.Market will remain volatile.Bounces probably still shortable.Pity about the plunge at the death yesterday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we have a huge gap to fill....the FOMC meeting will give direction but the probabilities that we saw the lows yesterday are high....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i told ya so on the 22 july, i correctly predicted this crash :p
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Market fall? by hl on 23 Jul 12:46 will this market ever realise how the rand has strengthened and how quickly, it has multiplied over the last 3 years?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hl, what crash?
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Must agree with Simon on this one. 11% is hardly a crash. May 2006 was 20% and still called a correction.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
hl - The rand has in a nutshell zero to do with the current correction. SA and the ZAR is just a spec in a global financial environment. The SA market is following world financial market trends and nothing else.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Chartist, you say that yesterdays lows were high. Do you mean that we will be seeing MUCH lower lows in the future or that they are high(er) lows indicating coming strength? Im battling to understand your post. - Paul C
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I meant that there is a good probability that yesterdays are the lows are the lows we will see....
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Ah Thanx, I wish I shared your optimism. I know you are most likely making that statement from charts but all this housing debarkle in the US seems unlikely to be 'contained' in such a short space of time. - Paul C
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Paul, it doesn;t need to be 'contained'. Merely the market needs to percieve that it will be.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos