Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topgun Challenge

john_1
Super Contributor
How about an update.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sorry, i was quite busy again... brother got 4x4 and we had to test it out as well as other things, but will update the site tonight, will post here when done. thanks for reminding me...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No worries as long as your are having fun!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i think it will be interesting to see whats happenening on the challenge...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sure today will make everybody look a little better
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, during the year its been interesting to see the guys fare, i am thinking of making a new website in my holidays (christmas time) that will enable each member to enter their own selection for 2009. then we can keep the competition running through the next year as well. it should be cool if we could arange prizes for the winner, maybe something can be organised? what you think?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I would like to see that you can swap any shares once a month if you want.It will keep it current and people focused.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i will think of something... i wonder if we cannot organise that each member should contribute a small cash sum, and we buy the winner something like a montblanc pen as a 1st prize? any thoughts would be appreciated. if we have 50 participants, it could be about R60 each. maybe we can make it R100 and the second place guy/girl also gets something? any thoughts are welcome, and this would make the challenge much more interesting! if we can get sponsors, we can get more prizes as well? they can advertise on the site?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
thats a fab Idea.. I recon a R100 bucks is fine. I would love another Mont Blanc!
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Come on, Werner, sling in a flat in Dubai!
I see your advertising budget has some slack now that you don't have to update Wikipedia so assiduously any more ... ...

0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
we are all doing a heap of ***** on the challenge - sad sad reading. All my picks suck!
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I thought the object of the chalenge was to pick stocks that would make a profit over a 12 month period [OR MAKE THE LEAST LOSS ]. If we allow members to change their picks every month there is very litle skill required as we can just follow the current trends. I am 100% in agreement that we offer a prize ( not cash ) I also think you should make your intensions known now re the rules, so the so called sooth.sayers and t.a. people cant hide behaind the fact they were unaware of the competition start date as was the case this year.As you can see the people with the most to say are absent when it comes time to put their reputations to the test...but you have done a sterling job..........
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
John, I am a huge fan of montblanc, also have a few items from them, i just love them, the quality, precision, etc. just amazing, the one pen i want is the 100 year aniversary (with a diamond at the top) absolutely beautiful! lets see what we can organise...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
what about running 2 challenges, one that one selects long term (1 year) and for the traders a monthly challenge, each month has a winner, then the guy who wins the most months can get a price at year end? this way we cater for both investors and traders?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. wikipedia wasnt the best idea...
0 Kudos