Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topgun/Werner's challenge!

barry_1
Super Contributor
This is the second share that i have chosen for the challenge,it is a small cap.Read the article mentioned in an earlier discussion on this page.Now it is known that large shareholders avoid small caps like the plague as they might struggle to exit ,but i'm ecouraged by the fact that the major share holders are RMB Asset managers,Investment Solutions and FOORD Compass which is one of the shrewdist investment houses out there!ALL ONLY MY OPINION OF COURSE!Its price has been increasing almost daily of late,as it is an exploration company in the ramp up phase be careful!They have very neat devisions though.Their price has increased by over 100% in the last year and i cannot see why this should not continue.See my entire list for the challenge on the share discussion under ARQ which i'll b e filling in soon.IT is running on a negative Earnings Multiple at the moment and not likely to produce dividends any time soon..
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Russ
Super Contributor
Looks good on the chart too,Barry.Had a good breakout a week ago and now just seems to be consolidating at the new level (158-162).Is overbought but might be a good idea to buy a few now and more if there is a pullback.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would be careful guys. Not sure why the share increased so sharply from 21/12 but the increase happened on quite light volume. I'm not convinced a trend reversal is occuring on DMR - only my opinion though - could be wrong! :)
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
DMR was punted by Blank Frack in his Jan 2008 newsletter, published circa 24 Dec 2007 - may explain increased support and activity?!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Bought at 162,sold at 160 after seeing Dilligaff's post.Frank Black's picks have a habit of shooting up (for obvious reasons) and then plummeting.This one might be different but I don't have the stomach for it-rather take a small loss than have sleepless nights!I'll reconsider when the dust settles.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Director has just sold 3 million shares might be telling us something?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
They have found promising kimberlite pipes in the DRC,read Craemers mining weekly,they say the details will be known by March,they have also merged with a Canadian company and they are quoted in London on AIMas well.The diamond market is becoming tighter with a larger off take from China and India becoming larger buyers.
0 Kudos