Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topgun's Challenge!

barry_1
Super Contributor
I've,decided to give the reasons for my choices under this heading as then one can see in a years time how successful i've been.,of course i'll submit the full list on the site Topgun choose before expiary date as well.I've called my list "MY WILD CARD LIST".As i held none of the shares ,i decided to buy at least ten thousand rands worth of each of the shares to give that extra edge for me at least! The first competition that i entered was the Rand Daily Mail competition many moons ago!The best i've ever done was in the JSE competition over one month periods where i scored one second and two thirds.Never entered a challenge that is this long before. MY FIRST CHOICE IS; ARQ,The reason is that i wanted to have exposure to the shortage of platinum that is developing,now its completely useless going for the bigger fish as every time there is a drop in the plat. price their shares go down,or the market is spooked in any way.Quite ridiculous of course as they sell about 85% of their product on contracts and their dividends are unaffected by the price.i only trade warrants on these shares.ARQ being in the start up phase is immune to these movements and there is always exitement around it as it may merge,buy another company or be taken out and has AMS backing backing.I call it my ACE of the shares that i,ve choosen.During the past year its price increased from R7.50 to the present price of R32.40.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Samir
Super Contributor
i think this one is not liquid enough for me.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Guys, when we publish the stock selection on the webpage i plan to create, you are welcome to send some text if you would like to keep record of it with the stock selection, i will make a link page that had explanations or details per user...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Werner,how ever i'll mention the reasons here as well to help other contestants and new share holders in general to understand reasoning of how to choose shares.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Exactly ,another reason i choose it!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
My second share that have choosen is DMR.Look under DMR for the reasons.
0 Kudos