Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topi What's your call

sponono
Super Contributor
Falling wedge would be confirmed at 30,700 with the target at 31,000. Medium term target is still 35,000.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
30100...rising wedge on almost all leading markets...no analyisis of Alsi is complete without this..this hase always been my view
0 Kudos
Not applicable
come on grootbek ...id like to hear what u have to say...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
My physics teacher always drummed in the concept of accuracy vs. precision. Because I know about it, I'll say "up within a day or two" rather than, say, 30875, which gives comforting but false precision.

So, because of Greece moving the market down a bit, I think a relief rally until the Portuguese drum gets beaten a lot harder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_and_precision
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I recall correctly it was you who so condescendingly said i need to get back to psychology 101.....time for you to get back to trading and charting 101....a terminating diagonal (falling wedge) always has 5 waves counted from the first touch of the lower slope after entry. Unless you have the 5th "e" wave you do not have a fallig wedge....hence u stuffing this up by 200 points... easy as abcde...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not for u that Richard..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Also with the provisor that I can move the market in two ways:
  • Predict it, which usually moves it in the opposite direction.
  • Sell some of my position, which usually accelerates the move in the direction of my position.

Failsafe. I've reduced my short, am about even, and I'm predicting a rise. What could go wrong? :)
  • 0 Kudos
    Not applicable
    exactly thats what trading is about...easy to spot the real traders here..
    0 Kudos
    richardw
    Super Contributor
    I'm hardly a real trader though. Had only 1 really good year after learning some good lessons in 2009. I just know what works for me, emotionally and otherwise.
    0 Kudos