Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topi futures

sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
Not applicable
This is ugly..i meant worse...correction,this is zimbabwe...i bet the likes of gordon ghecko of wallsteet(money never sleeps) are laughing all the way to the bank,which one are you?...and i got grilled some weeks ago for stating"saying"da market is very bearish!!!!!lol!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we might be bearish, but we are nowhere near a bear market. Start worrying if we trade below 33000. We just made new highs, so until we get a series of lower highs / lower lows, we are still in a bull market by definition.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The not so nice thing about technical analysis is that it looks obvious after it has all happened...look outside..smell the coffee...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
went long at 35600 with a 100 points stop loss, looking only for 300 points PLEASE.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
not much happening now till 33800ish...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its trying to close the gap between 35,100 - 35,300.
But longer term it could either bounce up from there, but more likely it could go down to 32,500. Like skaaptjop said though, just because its bearish doesnt mean its a bear market.
Its healthy to have a small correction of 10-15%.

My opinion is its great if it gets there, it finally gives the bulls a chance to join the (longer term) bull market, I know Id be buying below 33,000 with a target of 40,000.
We had such a fast ramp up last year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The nice thing about TA, is that it puts everything in perspective. We might be seeing red right now, but the market still views the outlook more positively than it did in April. Is this the start of a bear market? Who the hell knows? I think not. If I am wrong, well, I will be a couple of percentage points overall poorer. If I right, well the potential reward out weighs the risk. Now a short trader might bet on more downside, sure. I believe markets are inherently biased to the long side, so I almost never short. But that is just me.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, the US markets will open with a huge gap...if they try to close it we may see a decent retracement on the ALSI wiping out most of the losses...until then any retracement on the ALSI is shortable(my view only)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
gap of 125 points on the DOW...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
still awaiting 33800
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Taking out 400 may be a long, confirmed above 600...intraday...watching what happens at 400
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
at last some green
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
35600 is the level again
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
my analysis: did a double top from 37793 to the breakdown point of 36277. the target on the short side was 34761 (today's low was 35000, 300 points shy)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
my 15 min chart says 35400 to 35600 , we going nowhere, you just get stopped out both ways.if 35400 is support, then taking out 35600 may set up a good long trade...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
up too any where from 35720-36700ish before short continues...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
we need to get out of this 400-600 range. the 36400 held up, lets see if we can get past 35600
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
DOW closed its Gap yesterday while we were asleep..FTSE trying hard to close its gap...we are just pancaking around
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Will break to the upside shortly...
0 Kudos