Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topi running streak...

Not applicable
yes more than a few points shy and thats the problem!...look at the sectors which are performing...look at the volume!...does this not send some warning bells off at least?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no I just trade price, care nothing for anything else, even sector break down noise .. so you want +5% highs before you negate the 29,400 ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no i didnt say that... dont put words in my mouth...what i am saying is it will be an interesting inflection point if and when we get there...up untill then I will prefer to short the rallies and take long scalps only...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take today...much easier (for me) to scalp the gap close (which was only 100 points or so....then go short at 620...with huge potential to downside...the risk reward is just so much better....but to buy it hoping we take out previous high ...forget it. (I was actually short overnight but thats another story)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, not putting words trying to understand, so then what does negate your 29,400 call ?? something has too because it is possible (saying nothing about likelihood) that we never ever see that level again .. and further it may be months or years away ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes u are right...there is a possibility of being wrong forever...so I am quite prepared on the long term portfolio to stay neutral (via the hedge) and miss some upside...still get dividends and cost of hedge is almost nothing. Obviously if we take out all time highs there will be a pop to upside which will be an opportunity to trade as stops trigger and send us higher.....but up untill we get a 5% plus extention above the previous highs i would be looking to fade rather than buy....but that hasnt happend so for now I am short and hedged (longer term) and may be so for rest of day or untill stops are triggered...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Now this at least is an interesting discussion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The one big concern I have is that we havent seen a really high volume up day....a blow off capitulation day by the bears...that would be good as markets do not just tend to fizzle and roll over...but we live in newsflow driven times and the massive short (or long) could come like a thief in the night...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Long and short of this - Everyone is waiting for Ben's speech. Until then, this market will keep on drifting nowhere slowly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
absolutely...thats is why my video for today was titled..WAITING FOR THE VOICE FROM THE HOLE.... (Jackson hole)...I recommend you take your 100 points per day and get out...or trail a stop closely...I also recommend hedging longer term...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yeah... Indeed. The Hole might be game changer... I think the Fed is crazy enough to print lots of $ to help OBAMA get re-elected and in turn Ben gets another term, then the rest is history!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
C WOT I Meen about trading short intraday?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
All waiting for the hole... is there something in the name? (HOLE)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so 5% above all time highs negates your 29400 short ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes,its what you dig for the gullible...a 2000 drop?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
RAMS ...whats the count?...come on man...i know u just started those remedial counting classes but shud be easy with the round numbers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whats wrong klapped sideways by a C ?...we at 31260 now...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah...waited almost 3 weeks...but nowhere near 2000 yet..getting so bored waiting for BIL at 220 and Sol at 320...the range man, the range...thought you learned that when you shorted for 2000 points at the bottom of the range! No fancy stuff, just trade the range and dont forget the 5 cent coin
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whats the count? or are you Constipated?...funny so many words I can think of starting with a C
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Bonzo gatecrashes the audition for Tarzan but the part goes to his other self. Bonzo becomes enraged with himself and flies off his handle.
0 Kudos