Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Topi

sponono
Super Contributor
Everybody is up (Europe US) except us. Damn 've been reduced to a scavenger. Well maybe we're just trying to close the Bearnanke gap. Damn the illegal strikes, damn the mines!!!!!!
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
Yep, crying into my beer too.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
And to think that SA's mining sector used to be the backbone of our economy. All that's left is a corpse in the last stages of rigor-mortis. Well done ANC!
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
And to think that SA's mining sector used to be the backbone of our economy. All that's left is a corpse in the last stages of rigor-mortis. Well done ANC!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude, mining stopped being the back bone way way back, and when it was it was on the back of way cheap inputs (witness BHP eskom deal for hillside) and lobour (we've been having national mine workers strikes since 1922) etc .. we've been living a fools paradise if that was our saviour ..
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
and we close 300 points down after hours
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
IG Index closed 300 points down after hours on ALSI futures?? Will stick to SAFEX brokers thks.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Support at 31,700??
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Nope Not
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
...still not :)
wow!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
C'mon - Not even a SMALL bounce?? :(
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
must be the revenge of the VIX, lol
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Oops!!! the VIX just collapses, the TOPI just closed where it opened finding support at the 50 day SMA.I think I will just sit with my long tonight on IG markets, thank you very much.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
pdh,watch out for RAMS she will copy and paste everything you say to ost!!! she is so self absorbed with the ANC that everything you say about them you must prove to her in black & white,excuse the pun.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
damn, and i thought they banned you...well I must send another email!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Okay, don't worry, I just realized it's month end!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I still like the look of top40 and alsi charts.I can't see any reason for pessimism.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Anyway, I'm pleased that Fed's pledge has simplified my trading strategy -- just keep buying for years to come until the Fed stop helicoptering money. This seems to say what I'm saying?
0 Kudos