Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tour de France

john_1
Super Contributor
from a girls perspective of course!!
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
I reckon the bottom line is - you don't win the tour without a good doctor! Here's an interesting scientific article. No final conclusion - but I'd say there is a "high probability" that none of those okes are clean. http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/07/tour-de-france-2009-contador-vo2max.html I reckon there is a market for a "dirty tour" - unlimited medical budget, unlimited medical staff support and the riders push all the physiological barriers to the max. Would make good reality TV. Good marketing for Glaxo and Pfizer. Until someone dies. But that happens anyway.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well I always said somebody would one day die in a reality TV show .. then watch the numbers go throuugh the roof .. I had some ideas for reality shhows that involved a possibility of death, like a space trip in a rusty rocket or something ..
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
Live Shark Attacks - could be a good one too! Chum the water around busy surf spots with a cleverly positioned camera crew and David Attenborough doing the voice over. Could even combine it with the biggest loser - weigh the attackees before and after the attack and give an award for the person who loses the most.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
oke died in the tour about 6 years ago..one of Lances team mates.. fell on a decent...
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
and nobody waited for Lance when he crashed this year...
0 Kudos