Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trade entry

WarningGP
Contributor
I posted this not so long ago, as having the option to choose that our buy or sell order can be complete or not at all. I tried to buy a few thousand shares 2day buy was only allowed to buy a few hundred - a small portion of my order. I also have fees and brokerage 2 pay for this small position. I know its al abot the price but i would rather wait another day or so till the price is right than take a small position and buy 2day. Is it possible to have an AON - all or nothing option added to the Trade entry page?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
I really think this feature should be added... it can be very very annoying and costly too
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is exactly all about the price .. nothing we can do about .. just as we can't force you to change your p[rice, we can't force somebody else to change theirs to match you ..
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
understandable, thats why if we had the option to not have to order go through = BETTER!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but then we ahve no trade beccause you say only trade if fuull quantity, so does the other side - then we only trade if youur quantity matches perfectly .. the soluton is really to trade hhigh liquid shares ..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Is it possible to add a "start profit" function(Lack of better name). Something that works like a stop loss but you dont have to be holding the share. Will be used to enter stock.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't understand ??? you mean a conditional order, so when the trigger triggers you buy rather then sell ??
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
your purchase order will only be placed once a certain price is reached.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure .. that is a conditional order .. it is on the development list ..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Thank you, will it work for placing orders, at both below and above current ruling price?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
Simon, would u also consider putting the "All or Nothing" on the development list, and i think SSK is highly liquid enough to trade a few thousand, but yesterday it dropped me a few hundred only. if u look @ my account u will see.... just helps keeping costs low 4 use customers...
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
It would be interesting to know in what percentage of trades the order and bid quantities are the identical. I would guess it's a very, very small percentage. If you go with a full order only scenario, a correspondingly very, very small number of trades would be filled. I think the problem here is that you want the order to only be fully filled from the perspective of YOUR trades, but not from the perspective of the other guy's trades. So ... aint gonna happen ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
NJ exactly .. everything designed to protect one side only sinple doesn;t work, because there has to be another side ..

all or nothing is a fill or kill .. but then you have to be buying at the current sell price, otherwise it kills, so wouldn't have helped in the SSK example, it would have been killed as soon as it hit the market ..
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
Im sure the other party wouldnt want to have sold only a few or part of his order and sit with the rest 4 another day, hence the option would be there, use it or not....
0 Kudos