Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trade to trade well - Simon PB

Ninja
Super Contributor
Thanks for a hard hitting incredibly valuable course last night in CT. Some uncomfortable truths but some powerful insight as to how to approach the market. I will certainly be incoporating a number of your approaches to my trading strategy.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
john_1
Super Contributor
This is the best course I have been to. I would serriously recomend that you make the effort to go to this presentation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any brief tips you want to share with us?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
What was the course name ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I just did go to the course.. Trade to trade well..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Sadly nothing lined up for July, August.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
when I am back in the office I will add some early August dates ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The only problem with the course is that dodgy presenter.. but if you can look beyond that..what he has to say is of great value.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Hello Simon can you post the course on the site? For those of us in the stix.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I agree John...and there was a serious lack of nubile young female traders present....perhaps offering free wine next time might help?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
True, I would be unhappy without seeing hotis, please encourage them somehow. some colours and tedibears on the invitations cards personaly addressed to ladies would work and also promote trading amongst ladies. and as the results you know that we go were we see some ladies go, and by this the standardbank traders would increase and you know that it means more profit right? right....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There I was thinking the point was to pick up trading tips...not tits...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Well, I am off to the July where I am sure to see a few of those....If a fishermans favourite saying is "tight lines" is a traders' "tight stops?"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
:-) well, I was just susjesting! good idea though both ways. A happy relaxed mind afterwards would absorb all the investments tips, truely!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
My main learnings as a "normal salaried" trader (and just a taster of what was covered!): * Aim for fewer trades - less stress and costs * Trade with larger values (minimum portfolio value R100k) Aim for a portfolio with low correlation * Apply the 2% / trade and 6% / portfolio rule diligently * Simplicity of your trading system * DISCIPLINE
0 Kudos