Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Traders Weekly

Ninja
Super Contributor
Why is there no weekly traders magazine for us traders out there??? It could cover scalping techniques, indicator reviews, trading strategies, stock/forex outlook,book reviews,traders opinion etcetcetc....surely this is a no brainer??
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
asylum
Super Contributor
theres a nice learning site called babypips.com, go to the school tab, theres a lot to learn there and its written in a great and funny way to make learning fun, give it a try youll be pleaseantly suprised.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ninja, bt how big is the market ?? tiny me thinks ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Thanks asylum...have used babypips and investopedia.com....both great. Forexfactory.com also full of usefull articles. Simon, you are right, but then again surely there are more traders out there than we think? On another point altogether if you enjoy counter intuitive logic, the book freakonomics and the sequel superfreakonomics are for you.....blo*dy brilliant, buy it buy it, an alternative view of how our world works, appealed to the trader in me, proving with research that conventional thinking really is a waste of time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
freaks .. ya got em .. like ..
traders mag .. of course there are other ways to skin the idea .. monthly not weekly, and online/ipad/kindle not print .. so lower costs/risks ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Simon, like your ideas....its the new age after all. By the way thumbs up to this chat forum....best out there by a country mile. Not sure how you take interactive trading to the next level....maybe live trading rooms where we could meet and trade together intra day and long term as a moving roadshow? Not to nag, but I really want to spot trade forex through ost, any plans to upweight this part of ost to enable me to give my comms to you instead of IG?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
dont think it will happen as standard bank already have a spot forex platform.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
back to the magazine idea .. what does it offer that isn;t already on the net in the form of blogs etc. ?? is it because it is local ?? or all in one place ?? or ??
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Ninja - get yourself signed up on www.tickertalk.co.za

Lots of content, much richer and fuller functionality, some build happening in the trading space. YOU can get it to happen
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would like an online traders school. A place where, if I mess up, I can ask why and get great advice. After hours, say 6-7 and an analysis of what happened the day and how you could have used the info. Ex. it is one thing to study a book/website about candles and it is a totally differnt thing when you have 100 candles on you screen going up and down. Why are some candles very long and why are some mickey mouse. I read an article the other day stating that the traders on the trading floors get hungry during the hour just before lunch and then trading decreases! What does this mean? Is there an oppertunity in the hour just before lunch? Is there a source for these small trading secrets?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Herpetologist - get yourself signed up on www.tickertalk.co.za Lots of content, much richer and fuller functionality, some build happening in the trading space. YOU can get it to happen
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
DST, I must say your spamming of the posts with your tickertalk ads is getting annoying.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
You don't want to know of a free site that meets a lot of the needs set out in this thread? No problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes I'm getting tired of all these tickertalk campaigning as well. BTW Simon, loved you're last article on Tickertalk on the stupidity of playing lotto. Vitorc (did you know subscribing is free), Tickertalk Web Administrator signing off. Peace.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not affiliated to Tickertalk in any way...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well then .. how about
2010 Top 100 "Royals" - review of merits .. http://ow.ly/3bS0D
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is not a TickerTalk link that Simon posted, as you'll clearly see that the mentioned URL starts with ow.ly, and clearly tickertalk links start with www.tickertalk...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
no, don't need local but would like all in one place as well as a structured continuous approach that can build consistently over the years. I am a member of tickertalk...very good. Would be nice to have a one stop shop covering new trading strategies, indicator reviews, set ups, triggers, advice on setting up your trading plan, general trading news and information, upcomming events, new broker reviews,live trading rooms in the major centres,training courses available for both short and long term traders. On the OST training courses imagine how awesome it would be to have a mid week class that actually traded live after the training to illustrate some techniques, strategies etc???
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
BTW, lottery may be for numnuts but powerball and lotto are both over R30M......remember the winner , and there will be one, will be laughing at us numnuts for not playing from his yacht in the med....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah .. the winner will be laughting at those people who paid for his yacth ..
0 Kudos