Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Traders and investors

partridge
Super Contributor
One of the things that is frustrating about this forum is that traders answer questions like investors. I do appreciate it that investors trade from time to time but it would probably assist all if contributors indicated that theirs was a trading or investing viewpoint. (I had suggested to OST that the site be demarcated in some way so as to facilitate this but the computer answered - and no joy. ( Welcome to relationless banking) )
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Preston
Super Contributor
One of the most frustrating feature of this forum is the egos of some forumites.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
ah the old demarcation call.........
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
just prefix every post with "TRADER: " or "INVESTOR: " and then one has your demarcation... just to get everyone to do that is the problem.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
or TERMS AND CONDITIONS apply?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I don't mind ego's - we all have them - I just want to know where people are coming from. They can say what they like. We all need to accept the differences. If it doesn't fit in with your approach - so what- spit out the pips - but don't persist in this "my way or the highway". Its boring. End of my input.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
I agree, if you like something say it, don't like say it as well...but...say why?...this forum is not the market, can it even point the market in a direction, somehow I doubt it. Stop being so damn diplomatic, we all make mistakes, f#c%ing live with it....and learn from it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There's certain things you can check for in a comment e.g any mention of "head and shoulder", graph, overbought/sold, RSI, throwing bones etc should give you an indication that it is a trading viewpoint.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Agree, with experience, you just know which it is...some people mix it up at times, they start trading and end up investing and vice versa...
0 Kudos