Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Traders favourite's

Not applicable
What do the traders out there find more cost effective to trade. Cfd's, instalments,warrents,ssf's or underlying shares?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
warrants .. brokerage is flat R50 regardless of size and no STT, so only strate, ipl and vat ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
different instruments support different strategies. I use shares for long term holdings (I have a strategy to exit overvalued stocks and pick up more with the net proceeds on the pullback). I use CFD's for short term - i don't like SSF's because of stoploss issues, but you can equate the two. Warrants vs CFD's is a lengthy debate. Warrants have cheaper transaction costs, and are safer instruments, but you have to be very conscious of time decay, and you can't hold them for as long as a CFD. Installments are used by the guys who take 3-6 month views on stock prices. There are a number of guys in the forum with such strategies, check out Barry's posts and his website for more details.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dont you find the market makers % to be quiet steep? For day trades anyway not for anything longer than that
0 Kudos