Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading 101: Buy Low, Sell High. ( not sell low !)

Not applicable
I am an amateur at this, yet I am amazed at how many sheep there are in the market. A loss is only a loss if you sell it at the low price. With this drop, I only wish I had more money avaialble to buy more shares. History has shown us that shares in general will climb again. Now is the time to be buying the right shares. Any comments on what the right shares are in the crazy flock?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DR_1
Super Contributor
It depends on your time frame i.e. trader or invetor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
M@nny, well sure but that's investing 101. Also it could take a long long time and that'll require courage of your convictions. Lastly, soemtimes shares tarde at stupid prices and even a quality comapny may move up to such insane levels that it'll be a life time plus before they reatain thos elevels. But if you take the buffet approach, but quality when it's cheap - then sure thing.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
As a long term investor I agree buy a good share on bad news is the way to go and there are some interesting shares at prices that are looking attractive-psg,investec,rmb-in fact most of the financials are looking attractive on fundamentals because of sub prime,emerging market jitters and maybe the Zuma factor-but noe and hang on for a few years and I agree it will be a good bet.Traders will however look at this differently-is this a correction or is the bull dead-who knows?
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Buy MTX, MRF and IMPLATS futures they will go up loads over the next year until 2009, 14 Jan
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Yes a loss is only a loss if you sell but when you trade futures its a different story, because if you run out of cash its all over my friend so ya if your holding shares ok if your holding a long or short possition using ssf well it could have a different ending.
0 Kudos