Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading DOW JONES stocks?

Not applicable
Hi SimonPB I was wondering whether it is possible to trade DOW stocks? do any brokers/sites offer this option to South Africans? or is this prohibited by Reserve bank? Why i'm asking, is that i dont like the market intefering with my work day. I would like to trade a market that opens at the end of our day (like the DOW) and closes around 10-12pm. It doesnt have to be stocks - i'm open to futures, commodities or anything with a decent chart. Does anyone know of anything that can be traded after work hours (our time)? and if so where i can get acccess?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tango
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
B_man
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark I trade offshore shares, currencies etc via idealcfds.co.za where they setup an offshore account for you to trade. I also use that platform to trade the ALSI. You can mail me bartho at adept dot co dot za to discuss.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IG index also good - no fees, free charts, free live feeds, no funds transfer fees, excellent service (24 hours), guaranteed stop loss, immediate tranfer of profits back into your Credit card etc..... Spreads are quite high on certain merkets but Dow only 5 points... you pay this spread premium for the guarantee of a limited loss, Account also GBP denominated so at least your account isnt whittled away by ZAR weakness....
0 Kudos