Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading Equities on the US and UK stock markets

Not applicable
Do any of you trade the US or UK equity markets through HSBC? If you do, are they recommendable? I am thinking of opening an account with them to be able to trade stocks listed on NYSE and FTSE albeit for longer term investments as apposed to short term trades.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have shares in USA, but not through HSBC... my account is at TD Ameritrade - very nice online platform that works extremely well.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
I do not "trade" with HSBC but have an offshore account with them and have invested (for the longer term) in their unit trusts with exposure in both China and Europe. I am very happy with their service and security(much better than Bank of Bermuda). If you get a premier account (+60 000 GBP) you get allocated a private banker and better rates. If you decide to open a premier account please contact me to be your introducer (you get 250 GBP and I get 250 GBP for free for the introduction). Mail me at [email protected] if interested or need more info.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys. Werner I'll check out that platform and Stores i I decide to go the HSBC route, I'll let you know. Regards.
0 Kudos
Cashflow
New Contributor
According to the HSBC website, you have to be resident in UK to use their on line trading acc.
0 Kudos