Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading Floors

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have a fast question... Does anyone of you know if there's a active trading floor in Cape Town that would allow someone like me to visit to take several 'action' photographs... I want to create a collection of black and white trader shots... would be awesome :) if anyone has a contact i could ask. please let me know. thanks
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
kwagga
Super Contributor
Don't think much is going on in in Cpt regarding trading floors. SBK at headoffice has got the most impressive trading floor I seen, and I've seen a few many moons ago.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thats a pity, would love to visit a place in CPT to take some photographs, would be awesome in black and white to show the concerns and focus on the guys working in these places...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there must be trading floors of a sort in CPT .. Cadiz for one .. just not sure they exactly what you think they may be ??
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Just a random quote. "When you photograph people in colour, you photograph thir clothes But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls" - Ted Grant
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Somehow I don't think Werner has got five or six traders sitting cramped together in front of their PC's in mind. Wide, expansive trading floors are few and far in beteen in SA, and I willing to bet the biggest and most impressive are all in Jhb.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
...and as Simon mentioned, the name only suggests lots of desks, PC's and screens. Only people standing will be guys stretching their legs. We don't have a US - Nasdaq, DOW type trading floor.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know what to expect... :) don't worry about that... i want the view of the pc's next to each other (using dept-of-field want them blurred out and focus on the single guy working on his pc, but they should have many screens (like the typical trading station)... the shot needs to be simple and clean, but have a core focus, the single trader working with the numbers on the screen but with a out-of-focus background of the trading floor... Simon, I have a friend working at Cadiz, will see what he has to say. thanks.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Black and White photos are awesome, really brings out the drama of the situation!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hillbrow, has got a trading market. Trading fruits and vegetables.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well there are three I know of... 1. Nedbank has its bond trading floor in Cape Town at the BOE building at the waterfront... then there is Cadiz as Simon says..and then there is Coronation in Claremont above the Pick N pay...I might be able to get you in to the 1-3 I will ask arround... but you not really going to get an action photo of a trader.. all they do is sit on their ass and push buttons...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I reckon you get a few of the okes together in a room with monitors, bunch them up and get them to gesticulate like taxi passengers late for work. Done.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
There was one in Polokwane....
0 Kudos