Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading Penny stocks

GrantRB
Contributor
Hey guys ! I was just wondering if any of you trade shares that are 1 cent and wait for them to go to 2 cents , whereby doubling your money and then selling , and then repeating the cycle ??? Any thoughts on this ?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
See post "JDH - something happening?", with special note to risk reward comments.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
It was all "super idego" ideology to get all the members of the forum to invest in this company. By the way what is your idea of the "RSI" (LOL)
0 Kudos
GrantRB
Contributor
I agree , but just look at samroc .... u could have traded that nicely , and look at what its sitting at today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
could, would, way didn't i bla bla bla ( old famous sayings ) have to be in it to win it
0 Kudos
GrantRB
Contributor
Yip ... agree totaly
0 Kudos
mightymouse
Contributor
so what u guys are saying is we must buy into 1c shares
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Grant, I'm sure the guys you're talking about are either still waiting for that 2c payday or their 1c investment turned to scratch, and they are now saving up for their next 1c venture. Needless to say who would ever want to invest in a company with shares that are only worth 1c? I'd rather wait for that share to turn to 0c then claim gazillions of shares for free, and then wait for it to turn to 1c - Jackpot. I bet nobody have ever thought of that...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The Answer to your posting Mr K is "Babyboy"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MKX is always fun....but if you want to play penny stocks....try roulette, better odds!!!
0 Kudos
destech
Contributor
lol @ kwagga. That's the funniest I've heard all day! hmmm . . come to think of it . . I have enough money to buy half a gazillion shares at 0c! Wanna go half-half?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehe, Ive tried that. But SEQ doesnt let you place orders at 0c or even at 0,5c. sad but true. when I saw sell orders @ mrket with no buyers I tried to be clever.
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
I have made some nice profit on BEE lately.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Two penny stocks that have done well lately are ABO and AWT, ABO was at 1-2 cents for ages and just went to 4 cents when the director bought 40 million at 2cents. And AWT was at 2 cents for ages and shot up to over 60 cents (only to fall back down again, but quite a few people made a lot of money). The thing with penny stocks is that they are highly risky and one needs patience. As long as you are prepared to wait a long time and matbe even lose your cash they are worth a punt. I keep a small portion of my portfolio in penny stocks.
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Yes Abuzz, I agree with you. The secret is RISK MANAGEMENT! What would you say 5% in these shares? ...as very high risk?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Wumpus - I think it depends on the size of your portfolio. I would say even up to 10% (spread amongst 4 - 5 shares) I never trade less than R 10 000 per trade, cos it's not worth it when you add the brokerage etc to trade less than that.
0 Kudos