Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading Statement

jackandthebeans
Occasional Contributor
Nothing from Vox yet. Last year we got an update on 13 September. This is not good. The eps of last year was only 3.86 cents. If they do less than 20% (no trading statement) then the PE is 60. I am going to wait another 10 days before I take profits. It may be time to switch in to their competitor - Huge. PE on that one is 12.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
OMO - Good organic growth results are expected mid Oct (for Y/end August) and plus with previous acquistions on board already and the (currently under cautionary) expected deal with Storm - I think is worth holding - should get the PE right down - You can hardly rate Huge as a competitor - like comparing Mickey Mouse to an elephant and this is relevant here because critical mass in this rapidly changing industry is highly relevant - For me I think this is an exciting company with lots of potential, very creative and innovative solutions in telecoms coming up (see interview "Maverick" Vol 2,Issue 11 Sept 6th 2007) - I have been watching all the writings on it and their strategy coming in over the last year or two - good stuff I think (although high price at present has lots to go) OMO
0 Kudos
jackandthebeans
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Thor. What eps are you expecting from them?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't know any more than the published numbers - I would hope they end up at a PE of between 20 and 30. More imortantly for me is the fact that the Orion deal (after last results) more than double the sixe of the company (the current Storm deal should be equally big) and the market doesn't seem to have got that. Also I like the company because they clearly understand the impact of coverging technologies on the Telco industry, and I read somewher that for any new entrant to get to Vox's current position in the Market, they would have to invest up to R2bn. (Exciting game - witness MTN, Vodacom, Telkom etc and peripheral players - this company could become attractive to a Major offshore Telco) - I am long on this one for 1 or 2 years (I think it has R5 to R10 written all over it in that period ) - Strictly OMO
0 Kudos