Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading System Design Tools - Suggestions Wanted

Trader_Joe
New Contributor
Hi All I would like to start designing my own trading systems and would appreciate any input as to available tools. At the moment I am looking at very simple systems and would like to back test them against JSE data. There are a number of tools available on the web but they all seem to use foreign price feeds and I am not sure that I will be able to back-test against the JSE. I do not have a PHD in maths but have a working knowledge of statistics. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks AD
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
john_1
Super Contributor
Just trade a known system that works.... read threads on simons lazy system.
0 Kudos
Trader_Joe
New Contributor
Thanks John. Have had a look at Simon's lazy system and not sure it is suited for me. Prefer to do my own work if possible.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well first thing is what is your intention...capital.income, and how active do you want to be 10 trades a day or ten trades a years. Do you want gearing or not. how much capital do you have and are you aggressive or conservative..
0 Kudos