Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading TOP40

keng
Contributor
I know that with IG one can trade CFD's on TOPI. I cannot find anything similar on OST only shares appear to be available
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
click " Instruments" button on home page. Drop down list with those and more.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry - can't read ! missread the question.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Hi Keng....how good is IG ? I want to move my account soon?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why dont you trade STXcfd? - Satrix Top40 Share
Ive heard IGs selection of CFDs is good, but as far as futures go they only offer Top40 forwards, which sells only to other IG market clients - so the spread is high and the instrument extremely illiquid.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
BC01 I think that your source of info may be wrong. I have been with IG Index (Local and International) for a couple of years now. Their spread on the top 40 and Alsi is the same as what I see on OST. And yes the selection of CFD's at IG is great. IG gives you live prices/charts for free and they are fantastic. What I like about them is that they have a Johannesburg office and their call centre is great and will respond to my international account queries as well. But the downside is that they only do CFD's and futures and not share transactions, which I would want for a long term portfolio. I hope that this makes sense.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
IG used to have a demo account and I think you can still sign on for free and test their product. I did that about 3 years ago and after that I signed in big time for the real thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, didnt know that.
0 Kudos