Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading books

Prentice
Occasional Contributor
Good day. I'm still pretty new to the trading world. I am interested in buying a trading book. Can anybody recommend a good book. Has anybody read the book: Come into my trading room, by Dr. Alexander Elder. Any comments would be helpful.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
Don't buy Maglioglo of Richer than buffet fame. Get the Effective investor or rather use Google/Bing and search for articles on different share topics and books
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why do you say that? I am enjoying Richer than Buffet!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Maglioglo writes weak stuff with far too much hype, hind site and lack of real risk management ..
trading in the zone by mark douglas if you really wanna be a trader, it is not a fun or easy book to read (as are elders) .. but they are real .. if you want slightly easier read then trade your way to financial freedom by van k tharp ..
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
loot.co.za-search trading strategies
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
read as many as u can and decide which ones to repeat and make them your references.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If you're looking at investing some of that trading profit for the longer term read - The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. First release 1948, second 1973. This guy was one on Warren Buffet's mentors as a student. It can be painful read it you're not really passionate about long term investing, but once you're finished you'll know what to look for in a company.
0 Kudos
Prentice
Occasional Contributor
Cool, thanx for the replies I have considered buying Benjamin Grahams book - but wow,that book looks intense (volume wise).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I dig around in my E-book archives I might find a few other copies of books you will like. Most mentioned here I have electronic version of so saves hassel of flipping pages. I am considering the kindle to store my books but wanna see in the new year if pricing will be better in SA.....
0 Kudos
Prentice
Occasional Contributor
Where did you get the electronic copy? How much does it cost?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
what yr mail then we can send you some
0 Kudos
JAYMAN
New Contributor
Hi guys also new to trading would appreciate some reading material please mail me on [email protected] . Also would like to know if there is an investors club in durban that meet at least once a month to discuss share. Please let me know would like to join.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
google "trading books torrents" - most of the good ebooks are too big to e-mail anyways.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Concur with Simon. "Trading in the Zone" Mark Douglas takes all the B.S. out of trading and really tells you what trading is. Read it at least twice and then every time you think you've got trading sussed.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
I started reading trading in the zone again after Simons post as I found it very boring the first time, however now that i have been trading for a while and have lost money the book is a gem. Still you need to have felt some of the feelings he talks about toi fully appreciate this book
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, it is a book that one grows into as we trade and recognise the issues .. hence I read it about once a year ..
0 Kudos
Prentice
Occasional Contributor
Thanx Jack12. My email is [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sent you a download link to get some books I put up on the web. They are to big to email so you can download them.
0 Kudos
CWK
New Contributor
Hi CPS. I am also still learning about trading. Would appriciate if you can send me the link as well...email address [email protected]. Thanx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guys, I would love to post the link here but I am not sure if Simon or OST would approve so what email me at [email protected] and I will reply to everyone that wants the link in the morning so I dont spend time emailing someone new every 10 minutes ;-)
0 Kudos