Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading costs ?

fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Average trading costs on 100k trade seems to be around R1400 , a little steep when compared to some of the american online trades of $7 a trade My offshore investment account charges $25 a trade Are we getting fleeced here in SA or is it a case of volume brings costs down ?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MMouse
Contributor
I dont think your calculations are correct, or you are using another broker? My calculations for a R100k trade are in the order of R830 based on 0,5% brokers fee. However, I do agree with you that compared to other markets, we do pay more.
0 Kudos
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
To clarify , I am using buying and selling cost per trade Seems we could do with a independent online trading platform , although not sure how much the jse controls the costs
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there are independent brokers in SA
0 Kudos
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Any specific ones you can/allowed to tout ? The little searching I have done doesnt seem to warrant the move away from Standard Bank Nothing like the $10 to $20 flatrate trades on my international trading platforms
0 Kudos