Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading movies

suki
Super Contributor
Hi Simon once mentioned these movies. i made a point to watch all of them. very interesting to see that we don't have many of this kind. Trading Places (1983) Wall Street (1987) Trader (1987) Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) Rogue Trader (1999) Boiler Room (2000) American Psycho (2000) Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (2005) Rg
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
john_1
Super Contributor
Guess one thing you will have learnt.... those chops in the 80'S dressed like fools, all that power dressing shoulder pad stuff... it was all the coke the design teams and creatives were snorting at the time...
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
and it was all about being corrupt to get rich.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Wall Street II is about to come out as well, also with Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko - I cant wait - you tube has the trailers already...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya.. I am afraid that we are bombarded with negative images about money...I really would like to suggest you read and work through a book called " Money Alchemy it an interesting work book developing a health attitude toward money!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
There's another movie about Enron, "Enron: The smartest guys in the room" is a documentary - i have the dvd, but check out "The Crooked E" - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crooked_E%3A_The_Unshredded_Truth_About_Enron) - its quite interesting as well. - those guys were dodgy, Jeff Skilling in jail, Andy Fastow as well, but i think he only got 6 years for collaborating with authorities and should come out in the next 2 years or so... Keneth Lay died from a heart attach before sentencing... shows how much stress he caused himself.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
very interesting, just as i typed this and opened CNBC this announcement was there - "Supreme Court Rules Ex-Enron CEO Skilling to Get New Trial, Court Also Sets Aside Fraud Conviction of Conrad Black (story developing)"
0 Kudos