Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading update

f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Considerable downgrade in expected earnings over next 3 years. Not entirely unexpected. Seems to mirror the bigger players like MUR. Are we selling?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
My personal strategy is to focus on the niche and smaller construction players, like ESR, BSR and buildworks. My thinking is that a company with a R2bn-R6bn turnover will have a much better chance of achieving growth in the construction sector than the likes of M&R & AEG, who have to do better than R30bn to show growth. Also, all the construction firms are toting mining as their growth areas, so geotech firms should benefit from increased commodity prices, which in turn translates to more mining construction - in theory
0 Kudos
the_stig
Occasional Contributor
I think we have missed the boat on this one, my view is to hold and wait for the recovery. Being involved in the mining industry, my view is bullish on growth in platinum, coal and even some gold juniors so hang in there - OMHO
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I am going to hang in there. In fact I might even buy should it come off in the medium term.
0 Kudos