Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading update

sponono
Super Contributor
if u buy a stock at R100 and you get stopped and then it falls to say R90 and you buy it again; that to me is averaging down.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Np - that is short trading a position.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cost averaging is when you don't exit your position, but buy more at the lower price - in the hope of bringing down the average price.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and if the bounce does not take out the previous high, can short again
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ok, so the low this morning was 2242. Very important level, as it's higher then the low yesterday. We would very well end in the green today.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
STRESS, STRESS, STRESS... Life is much easier for the investor - just look at the thing - if the balance sheet is strong and you like the "story" - all you need to do is ask yourself "Is this asset way undervalued?' If the answer is a definitive "YES,", then start buying. Accumulate until your appetite is sated and, in the meantime, get on with your day. The investor even has access to more "plays" since liquidity is no longer a major factor. In fact, he has access to deeper value shares and greater growth prospects (often combined) than the trader.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Just trying to get the timing right. This is not a long term hold for me. This thing has been in decline since Feb 2012. I just think it's good value right now at at PE of 6.6. So I expect to make between 5-10% on the short term an get out. With that margin the risk reward ratio is so small, that if you don't get the timing right, you can just as well just not trade this at all.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Which brings me to the essence of the above comment. Why bother?. Trade the most obvious movers or better still: Use your money in the most productive way possible to buy the best value asset you can. I understand that if one only has a few rand - it becomes an all or nothing scenario. Still - in that case rather trade the marker leaders...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
er, trend down, so that important level is the HIGH, not the low to detect a trend change...ABL still far off from yesterdays high....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BTW - projected based on current first half earnings she is on a PE of around 10X.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I got hit nice and hard on this one. Took out some eft's a few weeks ago, and got hit by a horror story of note on Friday morning. Licking the wounds, and wondering what to do with it .... that SENS is just FULL of bad news, though the increase in provisions means the money is still in the books there somewhere ... not losses *yet*. Market response feels like an over-reaction.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My take on this is that the market was expecting this for a while now. The share has been in decline for a year, so this reaction was way overdone in my books. Worth a punt at these levels, but if that 2230 level break, we could see this free falling some more with support levels few and far in between.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lately the market is unforgiving look at TKG
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
ABIL kocked down to 1998 levels, and my call for a low obliterated outch !
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
mmm Tkg is a badly managed company. They loose millions for years on end over bad decisions that get taken with no claw-backs.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
1998 levels adjusted for shares in issue are at just over R14.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I suppose the unemployment data doesn't help matters in the unsecured lending space.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ouch another baaaaad day glad I didn't get in this morning. This can still drop to 1950 to 1980. 2000 is definitely on the cards looking at that chart.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
you don't think the current price is a fulfilment of the double-top formed in April 2012?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Eish guys!...i dont even know what ABL is, but please monitor the highs if you want to work out if there is a trend change...in a downtrend, lower highs
0 Kudos