Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading update

Rams
Super Contributor
Eish guys!...i dont even know what ABL is, but please monitor the highs if you want to work out if there is a trend change...in a downtrend, lower highs
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
When people start taking out short term unsecured loans to buy food, then you know things are not going to get any better real soon. When you take a loan at 38% interest, you must be desperate. Next month you just go to someone else to borrow to pay off last months dinners. And the cycle continues....
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
what is your % loss now? about 16%?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Even looking at the fundamentals, I really think this sell off is overdone. The price is down 40% in 6 months. Gonna surely see this bounce when the results are released in 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Where do you get the shorts story? IG Markets indicates only 8% short interest; 100% buys in the last hourt and 71% buys today.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Debt seems to be a swear word right now. The negativity in the market really surprised me and yesterday's drop on top of a two day 22% drop as well.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
There is the anticipated bounce......
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Hoping for a strong bounce back over R25
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Yes, 25ish seems a fair target.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No surprise at all , the high was not taken out
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
nice arcticle on the ABIL sell off. How many can see themselves in this article: http://finweek.com/2013/05/08/lessons-from-an-embattled-abil-trader/
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yes, almost took the words out of my mouth. I was however stopped out from this prior to the major sell off, but I am still scratching my ar$e after yesterday's drop. My 2280 didn't prove to be close enough to a bottom as I anticipated.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
got the link to finweek article on twitter...nothing new there... i found the 3G connection issue quite amusing..would have been worse if you made the trade and could not place a stop.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
worse still you are long and are trading with a frozen OST
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos