Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading update

sponono
Super Contributor
Looks like even their furniture business took a hair cut. Says a lot about JDG and Lewis
0 Kudos
55 REPLIES 55
WES
Super Contributor
I know Paul Theron of Vestact is crazy about this share . Time to buy ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have just taken a nibble. That is one hell of a sell-off though. Seems that that the market concern over unsecured lending bubbles is much bigger than I thought. And all the other guys with this kind of exposure are being painted with the same brush. Look at JDGroup, Capitec ... I mean, Capitec just reported a forecasted 20-30% increase in revenues over the same period (!).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have just taken a nibble. That is one hell of a sell-off though. Seems that that the market concern over unsecured lending bubbles is much bigger than I thought. And all the other guys with this kind of exposure are being painted with the same brush. Look at JDGroup, Capitec ... I mean, Capitec just reported a forecasted 20-30% increase in revenues over the same period (!).
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I took a load higher up. Now I'm worried. These things always sell off longer and more intensely than anticipated.
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
I ditched mine about 2 weeks ago, not a moment to soon.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Have just taken a nibble(CFD) and bite (Long term), will be interesting to see the size of dividend declared in a few weeks time.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Of JDG not ABL, that is!
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
lol, Paul is a contra-indicator. If he thinks its worth buying, the odds are that it is worth selling.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Fortunately I was stopped out a few weeks ago. This is a massive sell off.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am feeling the same pinch with Capitec. Fortunately I was already up around 12%, so my trading rules don't allow me to sell off a single sell-off day. Odds are that some institution is dumping stock, so we should see a pullback on Monday, once the panic subsides. If not, I will exit my position.
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Still bleeding this morning Anyone know what support on this share will be?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Hopefully around the 2230-50 levels, then 1940, then 1500. Those first mentioned level better hold, that is all I know.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Support seems to have kicked in a bit. I took a bite size chunk @2280. Will see how this goes. Bit of risk here, so we'll keep a stop loss not too far off that @2230 mark.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is this not a falling knife?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, it's definately a bit of a gamble. Trading statement said HE down by 25-28% for the last six months. That doesn't mean the shareprice needs to drop by the same amount. This share is in a bear trend from Feb last year. It's 45% down from then. I guess is the market has anticipated this for a while now and already discounted it into the price (before the drop). So the drop in my books are well overdone, but time will tell. I'm just in for a bounce 5 -10% and then I'm gone.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Key to this trade will be if we see a lower low than the 2224 we saw today. If not, then we might have reached a bottom on this. My bet is on a bottom today (short term).
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Yeah, me to, apparantly there are a lots of "shorts" in the share, so when they decide to take profit, it could bounce.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
still averaging down hey?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Not at all. Sold out weeks ago, and bought again this RV.
0 Kudos