Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Travel Limbo

AJT
Super Contributor
My wife an I have been in Croatia for just over 2 weeks for a hoilday. We are currently stuck in Zagreb with no idea when we can return to SA, fortunately we are in a hotel and not in an airport lounge somewhere. Intesested to find out if there are any others in a similar position?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit AJT.. sorry to hear.. I suppose being forced to spend more time on holiday might actually be a blessing, does the airline put you up or is it your own account? I have imported good stuck in Frankfurt.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Hi John, unfortunately this if for our own account so does get very costly and right now one does not know for how long, so may be selling shares soon to pay for accomodation :)). I do however feel sorry for those stuck in airport lounges for a few days...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sure, its Hectic!!!!..I heard that Lufthansa was flying test sorties..so not long now, so make the most of it..who know what magic lies in wait for you arround the corner.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
yip have actually managed to keep the spirits in tact for now and the odd pub crawl in the evening is also helping us - if you ever need a tour guide in Zagreb, I can assist... On a positive side, croatia is a stunning place to visit...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
was this the long awaited holiday.. you went to Rome for week-end if remember?
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
not long waited, actualy decided in Feb to go - nope was not me who took the Rome weekend special.....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry thought it was you.. well hope you get home soon..cheers
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Thanks John..
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
AJT, know the feeling. Me and wife stuck in Ireland at moment and managed a flight booked to USA on Wednesday, but so far no flights leaving. Flip side: beer is good and weather not bad.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
enjoy the trip and the beer warhippo - wishing you luck...
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Thanks AJT, some positive news seeping through this pm?
0 Kudos