Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trend catch

Ninja
Super Contributor
Ok guys......my last system I shared with you is really cool and can get you in nice and early. Here is another system which works beautifully on the 5 mn chart on forex or the indices. Its super simple and will make you loads and loads of cash. Here it is: 1)5 min chart. 2) Wait for close above 20MA. 3)RSI must be above 50. MACD Histo must be green. Momentum must be above zero point. When the above criteria are met....buy. Take profit at 10 points on half your position and move stop to Break even. Take profit on remaining portion on a close below the 20ma. This system keeps you out of many false trades and gives you a huge strike rate on making 10 points. Back test it yourself....its simple, it banks cash....just don't comprimise on any of the rules. Ever. Rememebr every point of point no. 3 must be met - no comprimise. Enjoy!
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Not applicable
5min chart parameters Rsi period 14 Momentum 10 Macd 12, 26, 9, these are the default settings on my charts do you use the same settings?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Nice one Ninja...... but "Loads and Loads of Cash"?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This works well in a trending market, but not so well when sideways, where the system using RSI oversold and bollinger comes better into play. Now only to find that magic indicator that can make you switch automatically between the 2 systems...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Vitorc, using all 3 indicators as described will keep you out of the chop and only enter you into the trend. And yes, loads and loads of cash, its that simple.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
use price action against pivot points or S/R and chuck the indicators, i only use stc to look for divergence.
0 Kudos
Starsky
Frequent Contributor
How much is loads and loads of cash ?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ninja's LOAD was 59% in 2010.So your capital determines your LOAD OF CASH.But I dont think it's the system or any other trading sysytem, Ninja must be TRADING IN THE ZONE. I read the book and finally understand what Simon has been going on about.From 10 trades a month, I am down to one a month : FEAR!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for this Ninja, I must say your last system is helping me bigtime. How often does this system give signals on average?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi Jonnno can you please tell me where i can get a copy of this system? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
rams, please concentrate, a 59% win ratio should give you over 300% return on your capital invested. I never said i had a 59% return on capital. And yes, i do consider a 300% return to be loads of cash.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Manicks, here is Ninja's prior post on the scalp system (Ninja hope u dont mind) HI All , well its a new year and here's to making loads of lovely lolly on the markets! I wanted to share one of the systems I trade below, it is my favourite system and gives between 1 and 2 entries per day. I trade it on the indices and forex, namely FTSE, Dow, Oz/$, EUR/$, GBP/$. I have not traded it on SSF's, CFD's etc as I believe these products to be reckless and dangerous and far to costly. Set Up: (Daybreak) 1) Draw in key levels of support and resistance. (I use the 30 min chart for this as it will draw right through to 1 min but gives clear recent high's, low's and supp & Res) 2) Determine trend. 3) Print out all news releases for the day. I do not trade news releases and will always be out of the market at these times. I find fundamental news moves the markets but not always as you expect - so I avoid it like the plague and just trade the price. Trade Entry: 1) 15 Min chart to be OB or OS on RSI. This has to be on the close of the candle. I also use Stochastic and MACD but these are simply for additional momentum insight and are not essential to this trade set up. 2) Check where price is in relation to .50 and .00 numbers and the trend. Price can be drawn to these levels especially if in line with trend - be aware! 3) Use 5 min chart for entry - must also be OB/OS on RSI 4) Enter once price closes below(RSI > 70)/above(RSI < 30) SD1 BB on the 5 min chart.( It's that simple, do not wait, second guess etc, just enter) 5) Profit target 10 points. Here bank half profit, move stop to break even. You are now in the best position possible - banked cash, impossible to take a loss on the trade but with infinite profit opportunity! Stop Loss: 6) Exit trade if price closes back above SD1. 7) Exit trade if price moves above 10ema (once closed below) 8) Exit trade if price moves above 20ema (once closed below.) 9) Exit trade if price moves out of bull/bear channel.( Between SD1&2) 10) Use fib retrace to monitor trade momentum, however do not close or enter on Fibs, rather ema's. As price moves further in your direction on the 5 min chart you will close past key markers - 10ema, 20 ema, BB mid poits and opposite side BB SD 1. As you move through these levels so they become your dynamic stop loss markers. For example, if you are short and have closed below 10ema and then below 20 ema and then below BB mid point and are on your way to BB SD1, a close back above the BB mid point would be my stop. It is a clear sign that the short term trend is faltering. Chart set up: BB SD1 & 2. 10 EMA, 20EMA 200 SMA. Pivot points with S1-3 and R 1-3 plotted on chart. Recent highs, lows, supp and res drawn in. I trade candlesticks. RSI, MACD, Stochastic. Thats it, I try and keep charts uncluttered. Remember Supp and RES lines along with pivots are watch out points, not exit /entry points, your price action in relation to the trend (ema's, BB) determines your entry and exits. Good luck, I hope this is useful - remember you set up on the 15 min but enter and trade the 5 min. As always, may the charts be with you!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok guys i have been trading this system since monday as here is the report... overall the system is nice. but there is 1 problem where we r not allowed to compromise on the rules of the system. 4) Enter once price closes below (RSI > 70)/above (RSI < 30) SD1 BB on the 5 min chart.( It's that simple, do not wait, second guess etc, just enter) By the time PA gets to SD1BB and closes below/above the 5min rsi has moved far from the 70/30area about.50-59 is where i find it at the close this is what has being keeping me out of trading because the rsi is nolonger at 70 when price closes below/above SD1BB. that is why i aske ninja what r his parameters on his charts for the indicators maybe he gets quicker signals? when it comes to catching the trend i say the system is spot on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok guys i have been trading this system since monday as here is the report... overall the system is nice. but there is 1 problem where we r not allowed to compromise on the rules of the system. 4) Enter once price closes below (RSI > 70)/above (RSI < 30) SD1 BB on the 5 min chart.( It's that simple, do not wait, second guess etc, just enter) By the time PA gets to SD1BB and closes below/above the 5min rsi has moved far from the 70/30area about.50-59 is where i find it at the close this is what has being keeping me out of trading because the rsi is nolonger at 70 when price closes below/above SD1BB. that is why i aske ninja what r his parameters on his charts for the indicators maybe he gets quicker signals? when it comes to catching the trend i say the system is spot on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So,Ninja....which platform do you use for these trades ? Maybe, I'll give it the old College try myself.Seems simple enough.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
use standard settings .....rsi moving down is not anything to worry about. I trade through igindex
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
59% win ratio and 300% return. I am tempted but figures like those always make me nervous (even when I am concentrating)
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
hehe...ok rams....just remember....if you have a tight stop and correct position size you will not be nervous....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cheers mate.Have you seen Chartist's Day-trade set-up ? Looks like the Starship Enterprise.That dude's got plenty of play-money.How many screens do U use ?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
remember those screens only cost R2000 each for a 24 inch HD wide screen.....I do not trade for a living and as such I use 1 24 inch hd wide screen which I plot the 15 & 5 min charts alongside each other. I have forex factory open to print out the news calendar - i don't trade the news and am always out the market at release times. I only trade after work hours and so typically have the Dow open along with gbp/eur / gbp/usd / oz/usd / usd/jpy. I don't give a monkeys about the fundamentals....i trade momentum...give me my set up and off i go.....10 points a day can change your life......I think the biggest problem traders face is accepting the simplicity of trading. Any number of systems will make you money....sticking to them is another issue altogether. I have mweb uncapped, a fax, phone scanner, printer, back up hard drive.... Thats it....nice and simple.
0 Kudos