Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trend is your friend. Seems trend is down

Not applicable
A definition of a downtrend is that successive peaks are lower than previous peaks. Appears to me we are therefore in a downtrend. Daily Technical Analysis says: Bottom line: The TOP40 Index is testing key support. If buyers fail to return, it could plummet to 2009 lows Personally I have taken a small amount of puts hoping for dramatic profits
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
PaulC
Super Contributor
Personally I would have waited for a bounce off the currently oversold levels. But good luck to you. Notice I say Luck :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the trend is your friend, except in the end, when it bends
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
key support on DOW and FTSE seems to have held as I sugested it might with a bit of a rally on friday.. so all bets are off until lit moves up or down from here.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
do you bend for a trendy friend?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie,. don't lets these boys bully you,.. The Trend IS your friend, They just don't like it when it is a down trend, hence all the excuses etc,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. I decided a while ago the trend was down and am keeping my puts for a while. If I am correct, as the market goes down the weekly time decay on puts also decreases, but Simon may enlighten me on this
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
depends on if the warrant is in the money, or at least very close .. if in the money, yes it wiill decrease as the trade goes your way ..
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
wow mr market has really dropped!! and so quickly where is the value? good thing the recession did, is identify which shares are "recession proof" and that still payed a dividend during the financial crises in my opinion are companies you should be targeting right now....
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
what are some of the most significant support levels to look out for to confirm we are going down from here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Standard Bank Daily Technical analysis says:. If the Index capitulates at 22,890, next support would be at 21,745. Bottom line: We expect the Index to hold above the 22,890 key support level. However, our medium-term view would become bearish if this level is breached.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fact of the matter is that so much money has been thrown at this old goat, they even printed more money out of air to pay for the loans on the last batch they printed and they stilll miraculously, i mena god forbid why!?!? haven't they come through such a minor irritant glip,.. I think N Korea boys,.. lets fire up them big guns again,.. Look at the graphs sept 2001 last big bounce,. 2003 march,. then started the great mukka wukka bounce,... see,. we just need a fresh fear,.. hmmm,.. plotting on world chaos, what can i contrive,.. me grmlins will set to task,. hmm,. get us a NKorean lookin Torpedo pinky,.. Cook some panic buying up,..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The pinky and the brain; the pinky and the braaiin . . . One does the sphanking and the others in pain . . the pinnky and the . . .
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
The EU, the UK and the USA will throw or print more money to solve the debt problems....it means higher liquidity, where is all the money going to find a return ?....in equities ! The market to go up towards December.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Looks like there is a battle going on between those who think the market is seriously oversold (which it is)and expect a rally,and those who are still poep scared.I'm both.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You guys take this all far too seriously,. these banker/broker chaps would sell your gran for a buck to kid the next fool he is a serious punter for a pound of flesh for one last weekend braaivleis,.. quick BUY! BUY! BYE!
0 Kudos