Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trouble creating a Stop loss / Alert

smousman
New Contributor
After completing all the required fields for a stop loss nothing happens when I click on the Create Stop Loss button. Same for alerts. Am I missing something?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
nala
Super Contributor
i got same problem-Sbk say they will sort out
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Still cant place stop loss/alerts?
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
What internet browser are you using? Perhaps try with Firefox or Chrome.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we just set a stop loss on different products .. no troubles .. alerts, are you setting them from the detailed wtahc list page ??
0 Kudos
smousman
New Contributor
Tried again: My Account>My Portfolio>Create Trigger Neither stop loss nor alert works My detailed watchlist>Create an alert Works! I am using Explorer 8. Is there another way to setup a stop loss? Is there a way to see a summary of all alerts set? Alternatively shares with an alert set can be highlighted in the watchlist...
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
My account, Stop loss status, shows all stops..
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
remember that you have to be owning a position before you can activate the stop lossbut i agree it is not user friendlly
0 Kudos
smousman
New Contributor
Simon / Nala / GGG / Levit - Thank you for your input. Found the solution! To CREATE a stop loss click on A (under tools) at My Account>My Portfolio - then select the stop loss option. The stop loss link under tools brings up the same screen, but does not work.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
can create stop loss but cannot set a price alert
0 Kudos