Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trying to make sense of SENS

Not applicable
Usually, in the case of acquisitions and such, a SENS is released and the wording is in the form of "...are advised that the company is aware that discussions are taking place which, if successfully concluded, may have a material...". The latest SENS from Tourvest reads "...are advised that there are circumstances which may have a material effect...". This sounds a bit ominious if compared with the first statement but I may be reading too much into it (my paranoia showing through :-). So my question is - Are companies bound to specific wording wrt SENS messages or do they have a certain amount of leeway? Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
topgun
Super Contributor
paranoia or rather caution(?)is always advised in the case of such ambiguous statements - me thinks the market might be misinterpreting the SENS announcement in too optimistic a fashion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
topgun, glad someone else have a feeling about this. Prior to this SENS, there was a whole bunch of them about a director of a major subsidiary selling his shares. The last one was for a mere 1 300 shares netting him just over R3000 which tells me this was the last of them. Something stinks, methinks...
0 Kudos