Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Turning a good profit.

KVW
Super Contributor
How would you double your money these days, after what we have been through, the recovery that we have had since March has made making money quite easy, how would you proceed now it what seems to be relatively flat times?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
well doubling your money is an easy task. Take any note (irrelevant of currency) and fold it in half - done you doubled your money ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On a serious side though. Now is where I think traders and investors with tested and proven system will start to outperform speculators. Doubling your money could take upto 4/5 years in a flat/slow upward market. If you can grow your portfoilio 30% per year you will be considered an elite trader. I recon 15 to 20% growth per year is achievable with patience and dedication. But even this growth will be considered a fantastic achievement.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Put your money in a savings account and wait 5 to 7 years ('cos you aint going to do it on the stock market). CPS, enjoyed your answer!!
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I suggest get to know no more than 10 liquid shares if you haven't already, then maybe trim down to between 6 and eight.In the past I've only traded in ssf, as it is an instrument I know well and am comfortable with.My return on capital for Aug was 3.97%, Sep 3.79% not bad for a market moving sideways.Only traded 5 shares,SOL,MET,FSR,GND,SAP currently holding SOL,SAP,IMP.My exposure is not the 2%, 6% so often spoken about,mine is a lot higher, if you want higher returns, you have to take bigger risks.I think the secret is not to trade often, but trade with patience.I want 15 to 20% return of long term investments, and a lot more on high risk instruments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja, I think you have hit the nail hear PH, you definitely have to be consistent with the stocks you have chosen to trade. At best you are going to get it right 50% of the time, which means you have to be consistent in the application of your trades. If you keep jumping from one stock to another, most likely you going to miss the one move that makes you your real profit
0 Kudos