Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Turning point?

divz
Super Contributor
GVV talking about trading or investing. 30% down on underlying on a ssf trade would be beyond wipe out
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I can guarentee you that if you can't take a 30% hit on SSF you will eventually be wiped out anyway. You need to manage your contracts appropriately or else you are taking too much risk and guaranteed to be wiped out in the long run.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Either way, stop losses are very important, it has saved my bacon a few times.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I am sure your bacon is a thin as a plank, lol
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Yip! Been shaved recently by some shares!
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
ok, so using Simons method, what do I do here? The two MA's are now coming together.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
short answer .. don't trade what you don't understand .. we're doing a new course next year that'll include futures index trading systems ..
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Being shaved is not so bad, getting whiplashed is the painful trade, and watching the shares go up after you have just covered is also as painful. When a share that I have bought is about to go bankrupt, I get more pleasure to see it go bankrupt than to sell the share before it does. The pain to see it go up after you sell it is more than to see it go bankrupt.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Or when you sell too soon and it climbs for 2 days more before falling.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Got to learn sometime. Cant make the courses as I live too far away from where they are held.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well still the same answer .. don't trade what you don't understand .. you better off donating the money to hospice .. then at least you get a good feeling ..
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I am never sorry to take a profit.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Probably, but no...:) I like your trading method, makes sense
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
If you want to be succesfull always leave some bacon for the next person.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Rather some profit than some loss!
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Yes no one ever went bankrupt taking profits.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't like that statement at all .. rich is made by catching the big moves, if you're always selling to early then you'll never make serious money ..
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Simon which course is the futures index trading system going to be included in?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trading index futures, not yet on the site for bookings .. will be before year end, first one is 24 Jan if I recall correct ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
January is a nice time in Cape Town. Make the first course in Cape Town and bring the family with. Sip wine in the Boland under the summer evening stars!
0 Kudos