Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US - Has the bottom been seen?

18 REPLIES 18
asylum
Super Contributor
Yes if your name is Gov Spitzer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Funny how the Fed comes and bails the US out JUST at the market support! Didnt the same thing happen on 24 Jan? I cant remember what it was tho.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Was a 75bps rate cut...
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Spot on Roman, they did the exact same thing at critical support then. Wonder if it will work?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I say big ups to ol' Ben... People criticise him for doing nothing and not reacting fast enough. Then when he does do something people accuse him of manipulating the markets and PPT, etc etc. The Fed isn't just there to raise and lower interest rates. They're a central lending bank of last resort for times like this. He's doing his job by trying to stimulate a bit of liquiduty in the market. The governors of the BOE, ECB and Japan could take a leaf out of Ben's book...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Wish they would DC cos then INL would really fly. Did you buy some yesterday? I saw you mention it somewhere?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
You did well to get in at R53! I got in a the previous dip at R60, then it ran to bout R65... Got a few margin smses when it was crawling around at R51! Hoping for a target of R70... maybe pigs can fly?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
200 bil. The problem has been transferred somewhere else...Inflation and new loan accuired. That is the reason ECB wont do it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know someone who went long B. But me, I'm waiting for more confirmation. Umm, US Futures down as at 9:25am local
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Have to say my gut says the DOW is toast. But, like you, I'm not putting any money on it yet. Let's see what happens tonight.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any bad news will wipe out yesterdays gains on the DOW.Previous attempts have also failed and I agree with u Brazen. DOW is toast.2 Little 2 late. just a matter of time now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
fwiw, DJ futures currently +40
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, I see that. Way I see it, could go either way. Good strong close on the DOW tonight and we run up to 12700/800 and see what happens. Bad close = toast.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
but still too early in the day to mean much, right

out of interest, does anyone use the DJII (Indicative Dow Jones Industrial) instead of the futures? is interesting that this is down .47%.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kr!pto, yip tis 5am in the US so really who is trading these futures ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
This is probably the eye of the final big storm to come before we go long again. Same happened 13 NOV and 10 JAN. One little bull doesn't create a Bull run!
0 Kudos