Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US House Price DOWN

macG
Contributor
US house prices are down by the largest amount in 18 years, does this mean increase in interest rates? how will this affect the DOW? how will this affect the JSE?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
and here comes 50c of.....We zoom into the Matrix as at:USA Long-Bonds are stirring as big lines (50 and 200MAs) meet.The Dollar Index could bounce like a spring-loaded Corpsing Kitty,which should activate some Long Sells on Gold..###.our Night Vision flicks to the left...the Yen-Carry mythical beast,on extreme-pump and begging for a 61.8% Fib retracement of the current NZD-Aussie vs Yen rally.Euro could retrace a little and so the sucking sound(still just a whisper) of Yen-Unwind is possible(still some final "Carry" upside,for one last push....encore ?)..## Anyway, the Risk is LONG,the opportunity is SHORT....decisions,traders,a veritable stew.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It would mean a drop in interest rates in the US to fuel the economy. In SA we're still on a spending spree, so one or two hikes in the interest rate could become a reality.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
was there an announcement to that effect today?? If there was, I missed it, and in any case it looks like it's had little to no effect on the USD itself. Which is a bit strange . . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AvS : ...about the USA-thing( if I understood you on the posting)...www.forbes.com then Click "markets"...then click "economy".Article should still be there.....Otherwise, thehousingbubbleblog.com also has it.(just scroll down a bit, once there.)...Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Instead of listening to the rantings of a lunatic check these things out for your self. In any case as a trader this is the first thing you should look at every day when you are planning your day....the important thing is how far away from concesus the figure is. Some are market movers others are not. Bookmark any of the following....http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/briefing/?engine=adwordsmain&keyword=economic%20data%20calendar&CMP=... You gotta know when this stuff happens....some of the easiest money to be made on the market reaction straight afterwards if you are day trading - remember the 123 move ..1 being the initial move 2 being the second (usually wrong) move and 3 the direction which you can trade in.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist Thanks for the links I was thinking last night I need to pay closer attention to the eco data releases.
0 Kudos