Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US Market

Not applicable
only shorts now ... O boy
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
hennie what is your margin and what is the gearing. how much exposure does one dow contract buy you? oh and good luck with the shorts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Asylum, What platform you on ?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
im using global trader.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi John on global trading you can choose the gearing that suits you from 1Rand to 1000 Rand per point only marging is how far youre stop loss is from your entry price, minnimum stop is 20 points.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
$10,000 / 1.0 = $1.00 margin $50 x 200 gearing ( 10 .. 20 points can make you some nice money ... quick trades out on shorts 12 point profit )
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DOW that is
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry hennie Bit slow tonight. is that $50 dollars a point?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
geez! that wild. braver man than me!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol ... can be $2000.00 down or up in a wink ! is all about timing
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
timing or gambling?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lost to much money gambling ... ( get in before they get in ) quick info helps alot. No opening of windows to put in your trade info bla bla bla, one click trades dirrect from the charts !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bullish sentiment Wiz...cmmon' amigo, you've been grazing around these parts long enough. Commodities (stuff that requires tangible energy to produce) reaching "ejaculation" phase this week...problem is...it's gonna make like an elephant. Pigs keeping sucking stocks dry (speculation requires no energy input). Lets just hope they fly just that bit longer thereby enabling mwah to finally sell the wife to buy (sell) into a movie coming to our local drive-inn VERY SOON. ADIOS!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I do mean short to medium term. Me U and ZARP lost Bigtime in August 2006, just from such rubbish. Bad news all around and guess what, the longs are winning...So yeah, I ve been long enough to see that!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
don't get me wrong bru long has been the place this last week, however I got shaken out at 330 cause after ppi, never thought I'd see pigs fly...again. All I'm saying is lock and load the shorts but don't fire until market says so...eisch 06 taught me not to predict. Heres a daytrade for you...sab long am and out pm...been lagging boli's squeezed..due for a trip up the chimney albeit a day maybe in des brewing markets.adios
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I think the same principle will apply for the banks. am long...pm short
0 Kudos
spacy
Contributor
I traded the Hang Seng and made good money with simulations. With real money I am almost folding. Stop Loss and Gaps are real enermies. I lost R5000 in a short position with lightning flash. It gapped up apprx. 400 thereafter the price declined the whole day. At R5000 the Auto Stop Loss was activated. I had set the Stop Loss for a much lower loss. What is the forum's norm for gaps and stop losses as this demands greatest respect.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Spacy is there a reason you trade the hang seng i havent looked at it but i would suspect it to be quite volatile?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
asylum, an bad tiem zone - note the posting time.
0 Kudos